We have received direction from OWHA and the Town of Georgina regarding the revised plan the Ontario government issued earlier this week.
Based on the Ontario governments revised plan York Region is now in the Restrict (orange) phase as of November 7th.
Tonight OWHA have advised:
As a result of these documents, please be advised that teams in Prevent (Green), Protect (yellow) and Restrict (orange) may play modified 3 on 3 and 4 on 4 hockey within the OWHA protocols, Return to Hockey and modified rules.
Teams in Control (red) may not scrimmage or play modified games either in or outside their area.
We will be working to update our materials with this new information. We thank you for your contributions and hope you enjoy the weekend.
Our plan moving forward, taking into account requirements and directions from the Town of Georgina:
- Covid Pre-Screening and check in must continue to be completed on the RAMP Team App.
- Everyone must continue to observe physical distancing, wearing a mask while inside (except during sport participation) and sanitizing/washing hands frequently.
- Parents/Guardians may continue to enter to assist with putting on equipment.
- Games will resume Saturday November 14th. Our website will be updated shortly.
- Practices will return to the full practice team as prior to October 19th after this weekend. Again the GGHA website schedule will be updated.
- One parent/guardian per participant may remain within the building, in the assigned area, for games or practices to a maximum occupancy of 50 - combined total participants, coaches, officials and spectators. Everyone that enters the building must be recorded on the RAMP Team App and the check in signed includes that person. When you click on the event to sign in, you scroll down and select Spectators to enter your name.
- The lobby is not available and re-admittance to the facility is not available once someone leaves the building.
- Dressing rooms will be available, maximum 10 people per room, to put on skates, helmets and gloves. Players must come to the arena dressed.
- With colder weather around the corner, the initial foyer area will be available to the team to join together before proceeding into the arena.
We look forward to returning to our normal practice teams and to games next weekend.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for stepping up this year to help out, especially to get the teams organized and positions filled to stay on the ice since October 19th.